SURE Program: Application Materials
APPLICATIONS FOR SURE 2014 ARE CLOSED. APPLICATIONS FOR SURE 2015 WILL OPEN IN OCTOBER 2014.
SURE 2014 Program Dates: May 27 ¿ August 1, 2014
Notification Dates: Offers issued starting in March; all notifications completed by April 15
Applicants should identify potential mentors via department and program pages:
|| Emory University Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences (GDBBS) || Anthropology || Biology || Chemistry || Environmental Studies || Math/Computer Sciences || Physics || Psychology || NBB || Human Health ||
TO APPLY TO SURE:
- Go to https://www.applyweb.com/emoryapp/ [opens in a new browser window].
Under the apply online header, click on the Online application link.
- Create an account and log on. Note: You can only create one application per email address.
- Select the correct SURE application (current Emory or non Emory student).
- Select Summer 2014 and click on the Save and Confirm button. If you don't, you will receive an error message.
- Complete all required fields and information. You will be able to upload documents [statements and/or proposal, transcript] and indicate your letter writer's contact information. Your letter writer will receive a request via email. You will be able to see when the letter is submitted (and send a reminder if needed). You can submit an unofficial transcript as part of your application, but an official one will be required to enroll in the program.
- If you encounter problems while applying, email email@example.com.
Please review these tips before you begin your application.
SURE fellows are expected to attend all program activities, assigned weekly ethics group discussions, and laboratory meetings or journal clubs as determined by the research mentor. If you accept a SURE fellowship, you agree to work full-time (with research-related program and laboratory activities counting towards that ¿full time¿ status). SURE participants cannot enroll for summer school. At current time, it is not possible for us to award research credit hours for SURE participation.
Successful applicants are offered campus housing (usually 4BR suites in Clairmont Campus housing). If you reside in the Atlanta area, you are still eligible for campus housing. SURE participants may choose to live off-campus. However, housing award funds are not transferable. If you are chosen to participate and accept to attend our program, you agree to abide by the same Emory College student conduct guidelines that are applicable during the academic year. Violation of these guidelines will result in termination, and referral to other College units for follow-up as warranted.